Job interview for Radio Sales

• February 22, 2016 11:10 AM PST

Hello! I had applied for a radio sales job. I was called for an interview, and it didn't go as well as I thought. The job was posted again and so I re-applied I am planning on meeting with the station and presenting a "sales plan" example to show my skills, any advice? should I do it? or not? 

• 1373 posts
    February 22, 2016 11:21 AM PST

Hello Patricia,

We'll be including this in this week's newsletter, but in the meantime, here are some posts you might like to take a look at:

Friday Poll: What Advice Would You Give a Radio Sales Applicant?

Advice to Ace the Interview?

Going for the Interview?

The Job Interview for a Salesperson from Both Sides of the Desk

Best wishes!

Rebecca

This post was edited by Rebecca Hunt at September 27, 2017 10:09 AM PDT
  • February 22, 2016 11:40 AM PST

Just what I needed. Thank you Rebecca!

• 1373 posts
    February 22, 2016 11:43 AM PST

Glad to hear - my pleasure! Please keep us posted!

• 74 posts
    February 26, 2016 6:57 AM PST

First thing kudos, you kept calling, contacting the station and have a second meeting. I look at applying for employment the same as a sales call, don't give up.

Management, personnel changes. I just signed a car dealer with a former manager who said he would not do business with me (he didn't like radio). I did my 90 day courtesy call. Guess what? He's gone, new manager. He asked why they didn't advertise? I said the other guy didn't want to. He said really (I know many that listen to your station) let's get on the air now.

Persistence is the key. The might not hire today, but they will tomorrow.

Best wishes.

• February 29, 2016 7:24 PM PST

Thank you Damon. I think as well as you do, persistence and patience will lead my way