Swap A Spot Network (Free Voice Over Exchange)

• 49 posts
    March 21, 2011 11:00 AM PDT

Hello!  My name is Jennifer and I work for a cluster of Radio Stations in Pennsylvania.  I also belong to the Swap A Spot Network.  Our Swap A Spot Network is a group of people in Radio – mostly smaller or medium sized markets but we do have some larger market stations on our list – that have come together to help each out with voice overs.  This is completely FREE – no money EVER changes hands.  We are all in the same boat and want to help each other out.  We are a crazy bunch – but then again – in radio who isn’t!?  We are very close knit and everyone is extremely helpful.  This makes our stations sound so much better – having so many voices to choose from!  Our SAS (Swap A Spot) Network started over 4 years ago when some of the Jones Radio Stations started networking…when Jones Radio discontinued their SAS list – there were many of us who kept it going and it has just built from there!  Everyone on the list understands that their in-house work comes first and is priority and if you are unable to help a station out ‘that time’ that’s ok – there will be another time.  Pretty much everything is done via email.  We would LOVE for you to join this network!  I know some of you here already are a part of our network and I'm very thankful for each and everyone of you!  If you have anything to say about the SAS - please do so below!  If you are interested feel free  simply fill out the info below and email me back at [email protected] or send me a PM here on RSC!  Hope to hear from you soon!

Call Letters:
    State:
    City:

Contact Name:

Names of Voices Available:

Phone Number:
    Fax Number:

Email Address:

Time Zone:

Updates as of 2/24/12:
    We now have Swap A Spotters in EVERY STATE!!!  We have MANY in Canada and England and 2 in Australia!  We have started a 2nd list and it's rapidly growing!  This was to keep bulk email messages FREE and to avoid any local/regional station competition and/or infringing on others territories in our attempt to keep this service semi-exclusive.  We have also gotten some attention from a group on Facebook, too, but we continuously gain more members because of RadioSalesCafe and we are grateful for your guys everyday!  The more the merrier!  If anyone is ever interested - please let me know!!!!  We are still growing strong!!!!! OH!!!  And we now have WELL OVER 230 clusters

Updates as of 2/17/14:

YES!  Swap A Spot is STILL GOING STRONG!  I've been getting emails lately asking if we still are up and going and we are!  We are ALWAYS welcoming NEW members - please contact me at the email addy above to be added!  And best of all...it's FREE! 

The Swap A Spot Network currently has over 325 CLUSTERS World-Wide! Including voices from ALL 50 States in the USA, 4 Provinces in Canada, 8 clusters in England, 4 in Australia, as well as voices from Cayman Islands, Nigeria, Ireland, Denmark, Barbados, and Bhutan (South Asia). THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!

• 49 posts
    March 21, 2011 12:39 PM PDT
    Just wanted to let you know that I invited our SAS Network Members to join RSC!  Welcome Gang!  Chime in when you have time!!!
    • 3 posts
    March 21, 2011 2:32 PM PDT
    this is such a great idea!
    • 1106 posts
    March 21, 2011 6:40 PM PDT

Jennifer,

For the benefit of RSC members who are not familiar with the Swap a Spot network, approximately how many different voices are available - male and female?

Thanks very much!

-Rod

• 3 posts
    March 22, 2011 6:24 AM PDT
    Rod, I think we've got about 60 different voices available - the mix is about 60% male to 40% female - the voices also cover most geographic accents in the U.S. with a few British as well. Hope that helps!  Jennifer Bliss has the more detailed list. Thanks!
    • 49 posts
    March 22, 2011 7:35 AM PDT
    As of this morning we have 76 clusters of stations...some have one station and others up to 5 or 6.  Some clusters have 1 voice on the SAS list and other clusters have up to 8-ish.  Hope that helps!
    • 49 posts
    March 22, 2011 11:55 AM PDT
    Hello everyone!  I just want to say THANK YOU to Bill O'Reed and Roger Kranz for joining our SAS Family!  We are in the process of adding another group of stations today, too! The more the merrier!  Let me know if you would like to join!!!
    • 1106 posts
    March 23, 2011 10:14 AM PDT

Thanks, Jennifer!  Sounds like a great talent pool.

Is there a way of previewing voices ahead of time, e.g., a website with online demos?  What options are available that would allow someone to narrow the field?

-Rod

• 49 posts
    March 23, 2011 10:54 AM PDT
    We do not have a website or sound bank, per say, we tried NING Networks and other networks for free before and then they started charging and no all of the members would join the network.  So we've stayed consistent with everything via email since the beginning.  Jen Blackwell and I pretty much everyone on the list pretty well and can offer suggestions or in many cases you can send the script to the group and see what you get back.  Or just email the group telling them exactly what kind of 'take' on the script you are looking for and usually you'll have a handful of people that will spit it out and get it back to you and you would have a few to choose from.  I hope that answers the question a little bitThat is one question I have seen from more than one person over the last few days since posting this so thanks for asking!
    • 49 posts
    March 24, 2011 11:24 AM PDT
    Another UPDATE from SAS Land!!!  We've had SEVERAL new Swapper join this week thanks to RSC!!!  The more the merrier so if anyone else would like to join in please let me know!!
    • 3 posts
    March 24, 2011 11:51 AM PDT

Great responses and some awesome talent out there!

• 49 posts
    March 24, 2011 12:44 PM PDT
    Indeed!!!
    • 1106 posts
    March 24, 2011 6:17 PM PDT
    Great - thanks Jennifer and Jen!  Glad to see you're getting good participation.
    • 49 posts
    March 25, 2011 9:18 AM PDT
    Thanks!!!  Just emailed you!!!!
    • 49 posts
    March 25, 2011 10:16 AM PDT
    Thank you so much ROD for featuring us in today's newsletter!  We've received at least 5 more clusters so far today!!!!
    • 7 posts
    March 25, 2011 12:43 PM PDT

"Is there a way of previewing voices ahead of time"...

Cant they just create themselves a page here at RSC and upload samples?

I am complete amatuer but uploaded 2 commercials I did for country gas station

on my local station they can be heard on my RSC page

Shane Knowles

• 49 posts
    March 25, 2011 1:20 PM PDT
    They probably could...but not all of the people on our list will join here...I wouldn't mind working on uploading them somewhere and still may as we are in talks with a few people about website space...I will update people here when and if that does happen.  Shane...would you like to jump in and join our SAS Network, too!?  Let me know!  We'd LOVE to have you!
    • 7 posts
    March 25, 2011 1:25 PM PDT

absolutely

WFDZ Froggy 93.5

Perry, Florida

Shane Knowles

850-838-1818

850-838-1819 fx

[email protected]

• 24 posts
    March 28, 2011 11:37 AM PDT

Hi Jennifer!  I sent an email a little bit ago, but I'll post it here too.

CKDR

Dryden, ON (Canada)

Contact Chris Pollard, [email protected]

p. (807) 223-2355

f. (807) 223-5090

Central time zone

Looking forward to getting involved.  We've been swapping voices with a small group of stations for quite a few years now, and it's been fabulous.  Great seeing there are even more out there doing the same thing.  :)

• 49 posts
    March 28, 2011 12:04 PM PDT
    You've been added!  Thanks so much!!!
    • 49 posts
    April 4, 2011 8:59 AM PDT
    We've had several more join - thank you everyone!  Sign-ups are on-going - feel free to jump in anytime!!!!
    • 49 posts
    April 7, 2011 5:27 AM PDT
    We are currently up to 110 clusters now
    • 49 posts
    April 7, 2011 5:28 AM PDT
    UPDATE!!!!!!  Last week we added a Voice/Sample Database on Box.net - once you are a SAS Member - all members will have access to that database.  Thanks so much everyone!
    • 49 posts
    April 7, 2011 5:32 AM PDT

UPDATES as of 4/7/11:
    ***We currently have 110 clusters on our network...some have one station some have up to 8 stations.  Some clusters have 1 voice available and others have up to 16 voices per cluster.

***We now have a place for SAS Members to have member voice samples online - secure - with a username and password.  Once you join all members will receive that info and access.
    • 49 posts
    April 11, 2011 7:47 AM PDT

Something I noticed - we have SAS'ers in ALMOST all of the states except: NV, ID, UT, SC, RI...if you are in those states - JUMP IN NOW!!! 

We also have 3 from England and several from Canada, too!

Also a few with natural accents on our list!  Looking for more international voices, too!  Let me know if you are interested!